If you’re tracking our progress on our trello board, you’ll notice how fast things have been going! I’d like to particularly thank LongChair, El Massman, and Johan B for their hard work on the project. It’s hard to believe that just a week ago the GUI was thrashing all over the place, unuseable, with no playback support.
We now have an alpha that I consider to be fairly useable. There are still some major bugs remaining, particularly the prefere nces panel is completely unuseable. If you’d like to try it out, I updated the quick install blog post.
- SSH user by default (user:pass is plexuser:rasplex)
- Wicd-curses installed (must be run as root, but lets you setup wifi connects from ssh)
- Autostart of PHT
- Improved OMXPlayer (includes Plex DVDPlayer patches)
- Various skin tweaks by El Massman
- DD image size decreased from 4.6GB to 1.8GB.
- Includes overclocking by default, so gui is much more responsive
- Various UI problems, particularly with backdrops not drawn (hard to read text)
- Preference pane is by far the worst
- On deck and recently added are temporarily removed from home screen due to inefficient processing they were doing (plans to add them back)
- Some movies/TV shows are reported to not play properly, trying to figure out why.